Whether you have been here for a ski vacation or lived here your entire life...Steamboat epitomizes the sense of home. Use the Steamboat Community Info page as a resource to all your relocation needs.
- Elevation: Steamboat Springs is 6,795 feet above sea level. Surrounding mountains rise to more than 10,500 feet.
- Temperature: January is typically Steamboat's coldest month, hitting an average high of 29°. July is typically Steamboat's warmest month, hitting an average high of 83°.
- Snowfall: Average snowfall ranges from 170 to 525 inches per year. The Steamboat Ski Area receives an average of 310 inches annually. Downtown Steamboat averages 173 inches annually.
- Population: Steamboat's population was estimated at 10,846 in 2005 - 11% higher than the 2000 estimate. Routt County had and estimated 21,580 people as of 2006.
- Steamboat Springs is about 160 miles northwest of Denver, a three-hour drive.
- Steamboat's local bus service is free, and runs continuously from 7 a.m. to 1:45 a.m. daily.
- The Steamboat Springs Airport, aka Bob Adams Field, is three miles west of downtown and has a 4,700-foot runway for general aviation including light business jets and turbo-prop aircraft. Jet fuel and aviation gasoline is available during business hours. Rental cars are also available with prior reservations.
The Yampa Valley Regional Airport is located 22 miles west of Steamboat Springs, near Hayden, and saw a major $13,000,000 expansion of the terminal and ramp area in 2006. Daily shuttle services transport passengers between Steamboat and Denver International Airport. The Yampa Valley Regional Airport accommodates jet service with direct flights from Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis, La Guardia, Newark and Salt Lake City during the ski season. Getting here has never been easier through the resort's nonstop flight program and the recently renovated Steamboat/Hayden Airport terminal facility! This coupled with the recent $18 million expansion and improvements at the Steamboat/Hayden Airport, makes Steamboat the most conveniently accessed ski resort in Colorado.